Friday, October 21, 2011

A bit about us!


Hi there! We are Tiffany and Ben we along with our incredible daughter who gives us MUCH inspiration are Doolittle Design. We are excited yet a bit nervous to start this journey. If you know either of us on a personal level you know that we are both private people when it comes to opening up our lives. However, I am stepping out there in faith and am hoping through this to connect with others,share personal experiences, find inspiration and share our designs with you.
Ben is the actual designer. He has been designing for about 6 years now and is EXTREMELY talented. He works locally but stays busy freelancing as well. I am not a designer, but I enjoy being creative and take part in helping Ben come up with designs and market them for others to enjoy. Our designs are catered to anyone with a baby or who enjoys fun, whimsical retro art. My husband and I are quite fond of retro slang particularly from the 20's and 50's era and much of that has inspired our art.
I am a social worker. I have been working in this profession for nearly 10 years. That makes me feel old. I work with kids now, but have worked with veterans, mentally ill, developmentally disabled and seniors.
I wanted to become a social worker while I was employed at a boys group home.I worked there for 6.5 years. It was one of the most challenging jobs of my life but also the most fun and rewarding. That is how I would still describe what I do. I find it an honor to be let into peoples lives and help them with there most difficult life challenges.
I actually worked with Ben at the group home for several years. We did not date till much later because one or the other of us was always in a relationship AND when I first met Ben he was 3 years younger than I and too much of a tenderonie for me. I had to wait till our maturity levels caught up with one another ( sorry honey).
We dated one whole year then Ben took an annual trip with his father to Hot August Nights in Reno, CA and while he was there he sold his Jeep and his dirt bike ( man toys) to buy my engagement ring. The most mature and awesome thing ever! sigh. We were engaged for a short 6months and then married in June of 2006 in the scorching 106 degree Chico heat. Ouch! We have now been married for five years and have a 13 month old daughter Delaney Ruth. She is the sweetest happiest thing ever. Except lately she is working on growing some molars ( my nemesis) so she is a bit moodier that usual ( understandably). Please feel free to stop by and say hello. We sincerely want to get to know you and hope you find our stories interesting and relatable.

Chow! - Tif






2 comments:

  1. Hi Tiff and Ben! Congrats on the blog. Feel free to follow me as well.
    http://gratefullygorjus.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stacey, your blog looks AWESOME! I am still working out the kinks with this, as I have a 13 month old usually attached to my leg. HA love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete