Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Last weekend I went to Hollister with my hubby and baby girl to spend time with mi familia and celebrate my grandmas 88th birthday! Good times were had by all and the weather was unusual for a Hollister day. It was actually quite Hot out and I don't use that word lightly considering where I live now. As I observed my grandma and the 3 generations of family surrounding her it made me happy and I could not help but think about the fact that hopefully I will be in her shoes doing that exact thing someday. Delaney had a blast playing in the water and with her older cousins. Whenever we take a trip to Hollister we always take advantage of the very willing extra hands to take care of her.
Almost every time we go there we jot over to the Gilroy outlets for a mini shopping spree. My personal favs are Charlotte Russe, Nike and Famous Footwear. Sometimes we hit up a movie or got to our fav little Mexican Restaurant in a cute small little mission town nearby, San Juan Bautista. The restaurant is called Jardines and I would definitely put it on your bucket list if you have not been there. Best outdoor patios, great margaritas, delicious food and scenery, minutes from the San Juan mission. the whole town has historical elements to it and its on the way to Salinas, Monterey and Carmel. Anywhoo, I wanted to discuss some of the more " Did that just happen?" moments, hence the good, the bad and the ugly. I will just list them for you!

  • Witnessed my mother putting in her eye drops and stating "wow this burns". I quickly ask her if she is sure they are eye drops and then snatch the bottle from her hands to read a label that says nasal spray. Ouch! Quickly make mom get in shower and rinse eyes. Mom's vision is not as good as it once was and I guess this is a classic example. (The Bad)

  • While we were shopping at the outlets we had just finished up and walked back to the car and saw these hanging from the truck next to us. They are called truck nuts and I have seen them before but its been awhile and my jaw drops every time at how appalling they are. Here is a pic for you ( The ugly)

  • The good was being with family and almost everyone being there. Also, that my hubby stayed late and drove the nasty long trip back on Hwy 5 and 99 all alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment