Friday, October 28, 2011

Remember the 90's!!!?



Just thought I'd take a short stop down memory lane and was hoping that a few of you could join me. In retrospect it seemed like t he 90's fashion-wise was not pinpointed to one specific style. The 50's had their poodle skirts, 60's had tie dye, the 70's bell bottoms and the 80's neon. The 90's did not seem to discriminate and in some ways there were elements of it all. Grunge was definitely full force ( Thanks Kurt Cobain) but there was so much more. I graduated in 96 from San Benito High school in Hollister, Ca. Home of the Haybalers, that's right formerly Hick town. before they were the Haybalers it was the Apricots. That's what you get for growing up in a hick town. On the weekends we would go cruising, hang out at Hollister Hills or meet in the Taco Bell parking lot.I know sounds exciting, well it was.Thes reason I am discussing this topic is because I love to reminisce. I know what your thinking I will make a great oldie. LOL but I am also into fashion trends and have noticed that some of the new fashion styles are a bit retro 90's. Does anyone remember what digs you sported during that time. For me my Dr. Martens were my best friends. Here are a a list of popular boys and girls trends from the nifty 90's:
Girls:
Clunky shoes, Ugg Boots, Chokers, Denim, leotard, flannel, pastel colors, tight clothes, baggy clothes, ripped jeans, sweat pants, short shorts, shell necklaces.
Guys: Combat Boots, Pocket chains, baggy clothes, big puffy jackets, the color black

Some classic timeless 90's hits include:
Nirvana "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (91)
Sir Mix A lot "Baby got Back ( 92)
Beasty Boys "Sabatoge" (94)
House of Pain "Jump Around" (92)
2PAc and Dr. Dre " California Love" (96) best year

Songs that need to make a comeback:in my opinion
Beck "Loser" (94)
Soundgarden "BlackHole Sun" (94)
Weezer "Buddy Holly" (94)
The Cranberries "Linger" (93)

Songs that can go down in flames forever:

Hanson "Mmmmbop" (97)
Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart"
Aqua " Barbie Girl" (96?)

Here are some pics of me in High School ( Don't laugh) .I'm the second from the right in the white shorts. Remember don't forget this wonderful era. Seems like yesterday. Listen to me I sound so old. Well Please feel free to share your thoughts, experiences and favorites from this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment