Monday, December 5, 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun, The Holidays Have Begun!











   Here is just a glimpse of what we have been up to this holiday season thus far( and not even half way through yet) Yikes. So far we have been to 2 friends homes for dinner, a house warming party, a post-thanksgiving dinner with friends and Ben's work Christmas party.  D has both joined in the festivities and stayed with a sitter. Thank you auntie Bekah and Uncle Dan!!!! Delaney has been a trooper through it all. 
    With all the frenzy of shopping, wrapping gifts, cooking, sending out cards ( I sent out 60 this year), decorating and eating, eating, eating comes fun too! and lots of wonderful memories.  
    This year I am looking forward to, going on a light tour with my family to see all the fancy houses that spend triple what I do on my PG&E. I also look forward to watching D play with her cousin Parker. She is finally big enough to be fun and playful enough for him. I am also still on the prowl for Santa.  I look forward to D finally meeting him. My prediction is she will: Freak out and cry while lunging toward me or daddy with arms fully extended. Every parent has a story or two about the fears their munchkins experienced. As a child I remember my father dressing up as yoda for a Halloween party and me being SO terrified. Then after he revealing himself to me along with some playful interactions with the yoda mask I overcame that fear.I am sad that we didn't get a tree this year, but I did not want to play referee between baby and the tree all day long.If I had a room with a really high vaulted ceiling, I would do like my cousin Adam does every year and unconventionally hang the tree from the ceiling. It's actually way cooler and less wackadoo than it sounds. I would LOVE to hear about what you look forward to this year as well as any family traditions that you partake  in or have started.
Remember the real reason that we celebrate Christmas is to celebrate our God. If you don't know him, check this out:
4 Steps to God







Ben and I getting ready to go to his work Christmas party. I was really excited to try this RED lipstick on.








Hubby on right  with his boss and co-worker at the party










Check out this random gift that someone gave us of Jacob from Twilight. I guess he was the last one on the shelf



Had a blast at her  and her hubby's home for post holiday meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment