Thursday, January 19, 2012

Chalkboard inspired birthday wrap

This project is so easy. I have seen chalkboard paint used on other gifts before, but I wanted to take that idea and create a  mini chalkboard with a border around it to make it look like a perfect frame and a gift in itself. This was used for my mom's birthday gift to wrap a canvas print I had made of Doodlebug for her. I was very proud of the creation I came up with, as many times I never know what you will concoct when I come up with these crazy ideas.


Materials


Brown wrapping paper
chalkboard paint ( you can buy small cans at Lowes)
decorative/fun wrapping paper for border
heavy duty tape ( it seems like regular scotch tape doesn't hold the brown paper together well)
chalk
  


First I wrapped the gift
Then,I drew a rectangle shape out as an outline
Next, I filled it in with paint and let dry overnight.
In the morning I added the border and wrote on the chalk





Here is my mom with D being presented her gift




I also decorated my nephew Boston's christmas bag with a  Large and small type B ( because I adore typography) with old wrapping paper. I hope this inspires you!!!!





      That's a Wrap!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment