Sunday, January 1, 2012

DIY little boy Dinosaur themed gift wrap


This is literally the easiest  way to make a little boys wrapping paper fun and exciting!!!! I was tipped by this little boy's mama that he  LOVES dinosaurs. So I got him an animal planet dinosaur set that includes mountain ranges and  and other landscape for them to roam on as his main gift. I wanted the wrapping to match the theme  of the gift. I have seen other people use old maps  as gift wrap before and have been wanting to try it for awhile now. Then  thought I could get some more dinosaurs to affix to the outside and make them appear as if they are roaming the earth

All you need is:


  • Brown wrapping paper
  • tape
  • Set of dinosaurs ( I got mine at Toy's R us) they came in a big container
  • old maps ( I used an image of Northern California)
You wrap your gift with the brown wrapping paper
 then cut out a piece of map or however you want to place the map on the paper and secure it to the brown wrap.
Then you arrange your dinosaurs on the box and  tape their feet down with some good tape as they will fall over if you use regular scotch tape. I used heavy duty packaging tape, 
Then instead of using an ordinary tag for the gift I used old paint chips that I had laying around after a home project we completed. The birthday boy loved the gift and his reaction totally payed off  for just putting in a minimal amount of effort. I can't  wait to go to another kid's party because this was way too much fun!! Thanks for letting us celebrate your special day with you Parker








Happy 2nd Birthday Parker




I am totally impressed by how much cake little D was trying to shove in her mouth

Awkward, when your kids wants to ride other kids gifts

No comments:

Post a Comment