Monday, November 14, 2011

Hair feather extensions!!!!!

 Hair feathers are the latest trend right now. They come from roosters and are in many different colors. They started relatively affordable and now the prices have risen as the popularity has increased and the supply has decreased. The trend originated in Colorado where fly fishing is popular and moved to California. The feathers are really low maintenance and bonded with an extension bead and clamped into the hair. They last about 6 to 8 weeks. You can style your hair as usual with them in. 
Hair feathers in black and white and red
    I received a tip to go purchase mine at the local fly fish shop in town and they would be much more affordable than going to a hairdresser. I went into a the shop and was greeted by a very outdoorsy looking country boy who I felt kind of foolish inquiring about feathers for my hair. He was thrilled about me asking and led me to a wall of beautiful colored feathers. They were less that $1 a piece. I picked out 3 and then payed for them. Making small talk I asked him if a lot of people were coming in for them. He proceeded to say "boy you would not believe it!" One lady from a big salon in LA called and offered to buy me out but I refused stating that I wanted to keep them local. Then he leaned over the counter and whispered "plus I get to have all these cute young girls come into my shop."  Feeling  little flattered and slightly red in the face I grabbed my feathers and walked out of the store. 

* My hairdresser works at Blondies  hair salon and she is amazing her name is Christina and I have been faithfully going to her for years now because she does the best highlights!!!! I tipped her off about the fly fish shop at my next appointment and she also proceeded to tell me that she puts lace pieces in hair as well, but that you have to get the right kind of lace that can be ironed.Black lace looks really good tucked under blonde hair. 




No comments:

Post a Comment