Thursday, November 10, 2011

My All time FAVORITE, MUST HAVE baby products!






Well not that I am a pro by any means and I know that all babies and toddlers have their own unique personalities, but here are some baby products that were given/or highly recommended to me by other mommy' s or that I just plain loved. I will start with the baby products first. For the baby's carseat the cozy cover was the best thing because it fit right over the seat and when you took the seat out of the car you can velcro it part way up over the baby and keep the baby out of the rain and other elements. I got SO many compliments on it and people were always inquiring about where I picked it up. I knew I got it at a baby shower, but I did some research and they sell them on the Target website target.com Once your baby is old enough to hold up its neck an exersaucer is great for putting them in and letting them interact with the toys and feel independent of you. We started using ours when D was around 3 months of age. Delaney could not fully hold her head up yet, but she did have a head size in the 90th percentile, so we just would wrap a blanket around her in the seat area that would support her body and head. We STILL use it on occassion and she is nearly 15 mos. I nicknamed it the babysitter because sometimes it was the only thing that would allow me to eat/ go to the bathroom/ and get some cleaning done. It has 3 setting so it allows for your growing baby. Also, baby swings are great, but make sure you find one with the plug in option because you will go through SO many batteries. I got mine online through Target. I remember Delaney slept in hers all night once and took lots of naps in it.
Toddler products that I would recommend to anyone are the farm fridge toy by leap frog, which you can purchase on Amazon or at Toys R' US . This is a magnetic toy that goes on your fridge. There are several animal fronts and backs that you have to match up and when you do a cute jingle will come on. Even if you don't match it right and you get a "duck-frog" there is a song for that, so it is win win. D loved this toy and it gives her something to do other than go through all the tupperware and dishrags while I am busy in the kitchen. Just beware the jingle is very catchy and you may find yourself singing it at random times making for awkward moments.
Also, the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn puppy. To be honest this toy can get annoying, but the kids love it and it is very interactive and has lots of learning functions.
If you are getting a stroller you will not regret splurging on the BOB. Especially if you live in the country or you are active in general. They go on literally all terrain and make for a smooth comfortable ride. Lots of storage pockets too for snacks and toys. These are in the $500 range but sometimes at REI they have certain times of the year where they sell discounted equiptment that has been returned for a very good deal and a lot of them are the BOB.
My favorite book collection ever is the Llama Llama series by Anna Dewdney. I think there are 5 total they have beautiful art work and they are really cute and relatable. Doodlebug loved the Llama Llama mad at Mama book so much that we would literally read it 8 times in a row. I am excited to pick up her book Llama Llama Holiday Drama for a Christmas gift for Delaney. My sister in law who is in the credentialing program right now even loved it so much that she went and bought it and she doesn't have kids yet. You can purchase this at Barnes and Noble or through amazon.com.
Lastly are Robeez brand toddler shoes, they have soft soles that are easy for baby to crawl and learn to walk in. The boots are my favorite and they are so easy to get on her feet and really cute. You can go to robeez.com, zappos.com, or Macy's. My MIL got me mine at FKO here in Chico.
Some random things that can act as baby/ toddler toys that you might already have in your house are spatulas, old wallet, old cell phone( take battery out), rubber ball, tupperware, and a laundry basket full of clothes. I hope this info was helpful. Be creative and try different things out, you don't need to by big fancy toys to entertain your kids, they may just love the box that a toy comes in. Feel free to share with me your favorite baby and toddler toys.
Chow- Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment