Monday, November 14, 2011

A sneak Peek at Delaney's 1 year photo shoot


I was SO excited to FINALLY do Delaney's 1 year photos. I think it is important to capture all the big milestones. Okay, I know that she is 14 months old now, but better late than never, right? God definitely blessed us that day with beautiful weather. I wanted to take the pics at my in-laws property because there are a  lot of  cool outdoor elements and I liked the idea of taking pics somewhere meaningful. The colorful trees and stunning views of the foothills just added to the already perfect picturesque day. I must admit I was a little nervous about the session, having sprung the idea on our photographer Jenn just hours before. Mainly, because it was at least a 20 minute drive there and back which gave us only 45 minutes to get the perfects shots because Jenn had another appointment right after us.
  Luckily, my mom was in town and I definitely put her to work. I sent her and Delaney out there early to get her dressed and ready. Then Ben, Jenn and I rode out together a little later.
  D ended up being a total ROCKSTAR! With  Ben and I and BOTH grandma's on deck it was a recipe for success.
  My father in law is a collector of antiques and anything rare that he can see potential with. Prior to the session I inquired about this antique horse out in their field that looked like it was from a playground. I thought it would be perfect for her pictures. Well, sure enough he had the horse shined up and mounted that day so that D could proudly sit on it. She was giddy when she got to sit on it like a big girl with mommy inches away to  grab the precious cargo if she were to slip. 


I highly recommend to you all to make sure you have an entourage with you if you want your child's pics to go really well. It was so amazing to see my mother in law bouncing out from behind the photographer's  back saying peek a boo  and my mother comforting the crying baby who stepped on something poky outside with her bare toesies. I love mom's. 










These pics were taken by my mom. Jenn's pics will be up soon. You can check out her business at:
Poise photography, Chico, CA

No comments:

Post a Comment